Exclusive offer for C-SIGMA contacts at SMi Maritime Recconnaisance and Surveillance Technology Conference
This is the SMi Group’s second 2nd Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology Conference and the event will be held in Rome on the 30th and 31st of January 2017.
This high level meeting will bring together senior military leadership, project decision makers, technical experts and cutting edge industry solution providers to explore future endeavours that will enhance the security and stability of the world’s oceans.
- Rear Admiral Valter Zappellini, Head of C4 and Security Department, Italian Navy
- Rear Admiral Nicola Carlone, Head of Plans and Operations, Italian Coast Guard
- Rear Admiral Bob Sharp, Director National Maritime Intelligence Integration Office, US Navy
- Brigadier General Manlio Scopigno, Chief of Staff, EU Naval Force
- Guy Thomas, President, C-SIGMA
- Captain William Ellis, Commander CTF-67, US Naval Forces
- Wing Commander Richard Berry, SO1 Capability Delivery P8A, Royal Air Force
- Commander Sacha Bailly, Officer in Charge Protection and Safeguarding Capability Plans and Programs, French Navy
- Commander Hannes Schroeder-Lanz, Command Support/C4I – Missions & Operations, German Navy
- Lieutenant Commander Chad Kabatoff, Project Director Polar Epsilon 2, DG Space, Canadian Armed Forces
Visit the website to view the full line-up of expert speakers.
The 2017 programme will:
- Provide a wider regional focus outside of the Mediterranean where challenges are also persistent
- Feature high ranking military personnel involved with the enhancement of maritime surveillance platforms and systems
- Present a running theme on the importance of information sharing as operations are increasingly conducted at an international level
- Include Informal networking time to talk to peers and colleagues also shaping and influencing Maritime ISR programs today
- Allow learning on how other nations are developing their maritime surveillance and reconnaissance provision from past experience and cutting edge research and development
- Get to the heart of challenges faced by modern maritime forces such as capability gaps and what requirements they now have
Gold Sponsor: PAE
Sponsored by: exactEarth, Horizon Technologies, Pole Star Global, Sentient Vision Systems, Kongsberg Satellite Services, Orbcomm, DeepOcean Engineering, MDA Systems, e-GEOS and Sitep Italia.
HOW TO REGISTER
Online Registration: for SMi Conference or email James Hitchen on
email@example.com. Use code SMI56IV for £200 discount.
View SMi Conference details and program.
View C-SIGMA Post Conference workshop hosted by C-SIGMA President, Guy Thomas
The SMI Groups 2nd annual Maritime Reconnaisance and Surveillance Technology conference will be held in Rome on 30 – 31 January 2017 and will feature a C-SIGMA Workshop led by Guy Thomas on the morning after the conference, i.e. 1 February 2017.
The cost of this workshop is £599, or it is available free to C-SIGMA Members and previous C-SIGMA delegates attending the full SMi Conference. See here for special SMi Conference discount offer.
C-SIGMA: Improving International Collaboration in Space to Enhance Maritime Situational Awareness
08.30-12.10- 1st February 2017, Crowne Plaza Rome St Peter’s Hotel, Rome, Italy
Hosted By Guy Thomas, President, C-SGIMA
Space-based Surveillance is among the most important means of monitoring the oceans today; satellites provide the widest possible range for observation and have the benefit of being in international territory to fulfil their roles. This includes everything from pollution monitoring to suspect marine traffic, even signals intelligence.
Unfortunately, financial and resources restrictions prevent any one nation being able to provide full global coverage. Furthermore, the vast majority of the planet’s water lies in international territory and therefore requires an international approach to successfully monitor and police.
C-SIGMA is a major advocate for international collaboration in space-based maritime surveillance, seeking to transform mechanisms by which nations work together on this highly crucial subject, if you are interested in how this can be done, this workshop is for you.
Topics covered will include:
08.30 – Registration and Coffee
09.10 – The Importance of Off-the-Shelf Technologies
09.40 – Maximising Surveillance Coverage Through Integration of Optico-electric, AIS and SIGINT Satellite Systems
10.10 – Coffee Break
10.40 – Other integrated systems
11.10 – Time Crucial Gathering, Interpreting and Dissemination of Information to C-SIGMA ‘Customers’
11.40 – Case Studies and Discussions
12.10 – Closing remarks
See more on SMi conference and post conference workshop led by C-SIGMA President, Guy Thomas
More details regarding C-SIGMA VII to follow soon!
Check back here soon for more details on the scheduled events and C-SIGMA VII program outline.
Details regarding C-SIGMA VII registration coming soon!
C-SIGMA Members can avail of discounted rate.
C-SIGMA VII, Lisbon, Portugal.
C-SIGMA VII Call For Papers:
C-SIGMA VII, the 11th International conference* using unclassified space systems for global maritime awareness, will be hosted by the European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA), Lisbon Portugal, on 21st-23rd February. This comes as a virtual tidal wave of new capabilities, both in space and in the cyber world, with new satellites and processing systems being announced seemingly every week.
Building on the success of the last four held in Italy, ireland, Tokyo, and London, this conference will focus on how this explosion in technology is being used to assist the world address its challenged in the security, safety worlds as well as protecting the environment and resources of the maritimes domain.
People and organisations who wish to present at C-SIGMA VII should forward an abstract on their subject to g.guy.thomas@C-SIGMA.org info firstname.lastname@example.org
It is anticipated registration will within the coming weeks at www.C-SIGMA.org
Please submit your abstract (shorter is better) to:
Guy Thomas, Program Chairman, at g.guy.thomas@C-SIGMA.org
info Julia Duff, Conference Coordinator, at email@example.com
Deadline for submission: TBC
Selection will be completed by TBC
Early submission is encouraged.
- The first 4 meetings were called Technical Exchange on Ais via Satellite (TEXAS)
To Venue: 12 minute walk/6 minute public transport